CHAP is primarily a volunteer-run organization. For any open paid positions, please click here or scroll to the bottom of the page.
Do you want to do something you love and serve homeschoolers at the same time?
CHAP is dependent on people just like you to continue serving homeschooling families. Due to continued growth, we have various volunteer leadership positions and smaller volunteer support job openings. All positions require an agreement to CHAP’s Statement of Faith, the general qualities of strong written and verbal communication skills, computer proficiency, and excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
If you are interested in volunteering for CHAP, please fill out our volunteer information sheet and the appropriate coordinator will contact you.
The CHAP E-News Editor is a part-time, year-round, volunteer position. The requested commitment for this position is 2 to 3 hours per week. Duties include coordinating content with other CHAP staff, organizing ads, maintaining contact lists, finding interesting articles related to homeschooling, and setting the E-News schedule for the year. Constant Contact is the current platform used by CHAP.
The Registration Coordinator is responsible for researching and suggesting fees and determining the details of registration. The Registration Coordinator would also carry the process through to completion from the preparation prior to the convention (organizing, overseeing, and executing the process of online pre-registration) and online registration at the convention to post-convention evaluation.
The Marketing Coordinator is responsible for promoting CHAP, its functions, and events via multiple media sources – actively seeking outlets where homeschooling information can reach into the state and regularly reporting back to leadership.
The E-news Writer will follow a set schedule to highlight all aspects of the convention in small chunks of information (usually only a couple paragraphs) on a revolving basis which will be sent out in periodic email blasts. These email blasts will increase in frequency up to and right before the convention. This position will report to the E-news Coordinator and provide written submissions by the deadlines given in order to have the blasts proofread.
Field Trip Coordinator (2) – Eastern & Western portions of the state
The Field Trip Coordinator would be responsible for researching, organizing, and executing field trips to various locations within or near Pennsylvania. The volunteer would be responsible for 4 quarterly field trips. They would pick the location; schedule a date; prepare small advertising summaries for the CHAP e-newsletter, website, and social media; track registration for the field trip and confirm field trip details with the venue. One volunteer would be responsible for field trips in the middle to eastern portion of the state, a second volunteer would cover the middle to western portion of the state. Depending on the field trip site, the coordinator might benefit from free admission.
Part-Time Advertising Coordinator
The Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania (CHAP) is seeking an energetic self-starter to fill the role of Advertising Coordinator. This position is a key part of the Communications Team and will report to the Director of Communications. This position will be responsible for CHAP’s advertising efforts for our digital and print publications, including the website, electronic newsletter, and magazine.
Candidates must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. This is a part-time, year-round position, with a flexible schedule. The candidate for this position would work from home, and must have a computer and high speed internet connection.
- Locating potential advertisers for our digital and print publications, which would include cold calling, emailing, and visiting individuals and organizations as necessary.
- Tracking and managing the flow of the current advertising to ensure that the advertisements appear during the appropriate time frames.
- Communicating with the advertisers to address any questions or concerns.
- Working with the graphics designer, magazine editor, newsletter editor, and website editor to ensure they all receive the necessary ad copy and images.
- Working with the bookkeeper to validate that all financial transactions are recorded properly, including cancellations and refunds.
- Following up with existing advertisers to maintain solid relationships and continued business.
- Working with the convention coordinator on advertising packages associated with the convention.
- Working with the communications team to set the advertising rates, the number of advertisements per publication, and to determine appropriate advertisers, and types of advertisements desired for the various publications.
- Locating potential sponsors for the annual convention and other events.
To apply, candidates should send a letter of interest, resume, and contact information of three references to: email@example.com.
25% commission on all sales based on experience.