Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania
Pennsylvania’s trusted advocate for Christ-centered homeschooling
CHAP is an acronym for Christian Homeschool Association of Pennsylvania, a nonprofit corporation founded to encourage and support families interested in home education. CHAP assists parents in understanding and fulfilling the law’s requirements and is affiliated with two national organizations: Home School Legal Defense Association and The National Center for Home Education. CHAP provides leadership and direction on issues facing Christian homeschoolers on a national and statewide basis.
- Promoting Christ-centered, parent directed, privately funded home-based discipleship.
- Providing resources which inform, encourage and equip homeschool families.
- Protecting the God-given right of parents to homeschool.
- To inform and educate the general public on the benefits of homeschooling.
- To strengthen and equip home educators.
- To foster homeschooling in local churches.
- To inform current and potential homeschoolers of regulations which affect them.
- To strengthen and equip support groups and their leaders.
- To foster homeschooling by educating political leaders on the local, state, and federal levels.